The World's Best Workforce (WBWF) bill was passed in 2013 to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district must develop an annual plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school
- All third graders can read at grade level
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed
- All students are ready for career and college
- All students graduate from high school
Each year, the WBWF committee meets three to four times to discuss district goals, plans, actions, and results. Albany Area Schools stakeholders who serve on the World's Best Workforce Committee include students, parents, teachers, paraprofessionals, business leaders, and administrators.
For more information about WBWF, contact Laura Roelike, Director of Teaching and Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org