- Group Sizes:
- Child Care/Youth Enrichment: May not exceed 15 people per program space for indoor or outdoor activities. Group sizes include staff, coaches, participants and volunteers.
- Youth Sports: May not exceed 25 people per program space for indoor or 50 people per program for outdoor activities. Group sizes include staff, coaches, participants and volunteers.
- All staff and participants are required to wear cloth face coverings while indoors at all times. In activities outdoors where social distancing is not possible, cloth face coverings must also be worn.
- Participants must stay in assigned program area and with assigned group throughout the entirety of the program
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be implemented whenever possible.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will remain a priority, including bathrooms and other high-touched surfaces, toys and community supplies.
- Participants must bring their own water bottle (fountains unavailable) and other necessary supplies, unless otherwise noted.
- Drop off and pick up of students will occur outside to minimize the number of people entering the buildings. Unless otherwise noted, parents/spectators will not be allowed to enter the building.
- All students, staff and parents are required to complete a Home Health Screening prior to attending programming.
- Programming start times may be staggered to allow for adequate social distancing during check-in.
- Upon program completion, participants must promptly exit the building using the designated departure door and may not congregate on school district grounds.
- Everyday preventive actions, including hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes, and requiring sick students and staff to stay home when sick, will be heavily emphasized.
Note: Strategies may change if the level of community transmission increases to the point where programming must be disrupted.
MDH Decision Tree
Albany Area Schools follows the COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth Programs, and Child Care Programs in regards to attending school district programming. You may not attend programming if you or a household member are experiencing one of the more common symptoms or two or more of the less common symptoms listed below, you or a household member are being tested for COVID-19, or you have been identified as a close contact to a positive case of COVID-19.
Updated April 20, 2021