Student's Educational Records
Annual notification of rights:
- Parent has a right to inspect and review the student's educational records.
- Parent has a right to seek amendment of the student's education records to ensure that those records are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights.
- Parent has a right to consent to disclosures of personally indentifiable information contained in the student's education records, except if covered by federal or state law.
- Parent has a right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education regarding an alleged failure by the School District to comply with the requirements of Federal Law.
- Parent has a right to criteria for determining a school official and what constitutes a legitimate education interest.
- The School District forwards education records on request to a school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll. Records may include suspension and expulsion records and, if applicable, a student's history of violent behavior.