What is the Accuplacer Assessment?Accuplacer is a web-based assessment that will evaluate your academic abilities in reading, writing and mathematics. The Accuplacer assessment is not a pass/fail test. This assessment allows you to be placed in appropriate level coursework. This assessment is not timed; please feel free to take as much time as you need.When will the Accuplacer be given at AHS?The Accuplacer will be given at AHS November 27, 2018. Students must have filled out an application by November 2, 2018 in order to test.How do I sign up to take the Accuplacer?Applications will be available in the Counseling Office and will be accepted through November 2, 2018 this year. An application is required to test and late applications will not be accepted.
- Relax! Accuplacer is designed to help you achieve academic success in college. Your score helps determine where you need to start with your course work.
- Get plenty of rest and eat properly before taking the Accuplacer assessment. Arrive a few minutes early.
- Pay careful attention to the directions for each question and be sure you understand the directions before you begin each test.
- Understand that this is an adaptive test. Questions are chosen for you based on your answers to previous questions. Because the test is given this way, you must answer each question as it is presented. You may not omit or come back to any questions, but you may change your mind before continuing to the next question. If you don't change your mind and you continue, your answer is accepted and you cannot return to it.
- If you don't know the answer to a question, use the process of elimination to narrow it to the answer that appears to be the best option.
- Textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries, calculators or other paper of any kind (except scratch paper provided by the proctor) are not allowed in the testing room. Following the test, no test materials will be allowed to leave the room.
Practice test resources:The College Board website is an excellent resource to help students prepare for the Accuplacer.
Test Prep Review at http://www.testprepreview.com contains practice test questions and other resources.
Numerous Accuplacer study guides and practice questions are available at http://www.aims.edu/student/assessment/studyguides/
Sponsored by Purdue University, the OWL Online Writing Lab offers handouts and exercises on grammar, spelling and punctuation.