2016-18 Albany Area Community Education Goals
Goal 1: Continue to improve Kids Company program through collaboration, staff orientation and continuing education, and increased opportunities for students.
- Increase collaboration with district elementary schools to ensure expectations are consistent between programs.
- Enhance training, orientation, and continuing education program for staff.
- Increase STEM opportunities for students.
- Increase collaboration with other district child care program staff.
Goal 2: Coordinate facility use and provide additional programming opportunities in new Auditorium and Fieldhouse.
- Research opportunities to provide a Performing Arts Series for the public.
- Provide ample opportunities for community use of Fieldhouse for all ages, including open gym and programmed activities (golf, pickleball, etc.).
- Facilitate supervision of new facilities, including implementing building supervisors.
Goal 3: Increase programming opportunities for community Senior Citizens and older adults.
- Research intergenerational programming with community businesses.
- Provide daytime programming for older adults.
- Collaborate with local chambers of commerce to provide Business Tours.
- Research requirements for streaming school performances to Mother of Mercy Campus of Care utilizing district ITV equipment.
Goal 4: Expand and improve communication in all Community Education programs.
- Research software programs that have capability of sending auto-reminders.
- Create a bi-monthly Kids Company Newsletter for each site.
- Ensure all Early Childhood teachers are sending out regular parent communication (minimum one per month).
- Create reusable templates/toolkits for marketing Community Education programs.
Goal 5: Continue to improve and enhance all Early Childhood opportunities.
- Offer additional all-day Preschool programming options for families.
- Ensure collaboration between staff when Early Childhood programs are moved to Avon and Albany Elementary schools.
- Expand Early Childhood enrichment and recreation options.