2019-2021 Albany Area Schools Community Education Goals
Goal #1: Provide additional programming opportunities in the BEAT and continue to improve current BEAT Series.
- Increase attendance at BEAT Series performances through increased marketing and public relations.
- Increase BEAT Series revenue through sponsorships, promotions or grant-writing.
- Research options for a BEAT Series scholarship program.
- Offer additional family-friendly events in the BEAT.
- Ideas: family movie nights, holiday movies, children’s events, senior citizen events
- Promote facility rental of the BEAT to outside organizations to increase revenue.
Goal #2: Increase programming opportunities for community Senior Citizens and older adults.
- Survey all AAS residents 55+ regarding programming interests, wants and needs.
- Collaborate with other senior citizen programming agencies to enhance or expand programming.
- Organizations: Senior Linkage Line, Whitney Senior Center, Catholic Charities
- Program a bi-monthly “Senior Tuesday” at Albany Area Schools.
- Ideas: speakers (PD, District/City staff), special interest activities (coffee, cards), concert dress rehearsals.
- Purpose:to keep senior citizens engaged and informed.
- Date/Time: Tuesdays, 9:30-11:00 (during Tri-Cap bus hours)
- Research requirements for streaming school performances to Mother of Mercy Campus of Care utilizing district ITV equipment.
- Research intergenerational programming opportunities with community businesses.
Goal #3: Continue to improve Kids Company program through collaboration, staff orientation and continuing education, and increased opportunities for students
- Enhance training, orientation, and continuing education programs for staff.
- Expand current Junior Staff program to better engage our 3rd-5th graders and involve them in planning and program development.
- Evaluate current pricing structure and modify as needed.
- Areas to evaluate/research: discounted rate on CE classes, vacation policy, inclement weather fees.
- Ensure Kids Company programs are partners in building Pawsitive Pride programs.
Goal #4: Continue to meet the needs of our ever-changing community and offer programming that is responsive to trends.
- Focus Areas/Ideas:
- Middle School Programming - Robotics, Theatre, Other
- NASP Archery
- Flag Football for 3rd & 4th Grade
- Elementary Enrichment Activities
- Partnership with County Parks, State Parks, DNR